Question:
Do I need a passport to get into Canada?
bmxjrod
2006-02-14 18:59:00 UTC
Do I need a passport to get into Canada?
Seven answers:
blorgo
2006-02-14 19:12:55 UTC
Not yet, but that's changing. If you enter Canada by air or sea, you will need a passport to get back to the United States after December 31, 2006. If you go by land, like over the bridge from Detroit to Windsor, you'll need one after December 31, 2007.
jthillam
2006-02-14 19:01:15 UTC
YES! You'll need it to both fly in and out of Canada. I remember a guy that didn't bring his passport, and they stopped him from getting on his flight to the United States from Canada.
Wardinger
2006-02-14 19:05:32 UTC
Legally you need a passport.

Will they check it? Maybe.

I've gone a couple times, once they check it the other time they didn't.

On my way back I asked a guard what the policy is, you need your passport.
2006-02-14 19:03:24 UTC
depending on where you are from if you are from the states you dont need one you just go to the gate and tell them how long you are staying but if you are from anywhere else i believe you need a passport
Natalie =]
2006-02-14 19:06:02 UTC
errr i think so and u mite need a birth certificate if u are under 18
smartinnj
2006-02-14 19:00:04 UTC
yes...i think u also need a visa....call up ur local embassy
jbird
2006-02-14 19:06:17 UTC
Duh, what do you think?