Question:
Anyone been to/from Toronto,Canada?
Dane
2006-01-26 02:24:38 UTC
Hi, I am thinking of travelling to Toronto, and would like to find out more about what the place is like.

Anyone been there, or anyone who's from Toronto?

Anyway, some questions here :

1)I think there are 3 airports in Toronto. Which one is the nearest to the city?

2)Anyone heard/stayed at St. Lawrence Residence and Suites before? It's actually a youth hostel, and the website looks impressive.

3)How long is the flight from New York to Toronto?
Any time difference? (I am actually not a New Yorker, but a foreigner, but will be stopping in New York first for a visit.)

5)Is Toronto safe for a single woman traveler? I will be entirely alone all the time.(I think it is, I heard Canada is a very safe country, but I just need some assurance!)

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to my visit..
Two answers:
Harley
2006-01-26 02:34:47 UTC
I used to live in Toronto, so I hope I can help.

1) You'll probably fly into Pearson International. It's thier most frequently used airport.

2) I never stayed in any hostels there, but I can vouch for the people, who will treat you amazingly. I have had friends from the US visit there and can't believe how friendly everyone is!

3) If you leave out of Newerk it would be about 1 and a half hours. Probably around the same for LaGuardoa, give or take 5 minutes.

4) Definitely safe. The public transit is reliable, and never be afraid to ask anyone if you need some help finding your way. You'll really enjoy your visit there. Trust me!!
gimmedanger
2006-01-26 22:16:20 UTC
Hi. I've been to Toronto back in '92 and I can say that Toronto is on of the friendliest and most happening cities in Canada. I actually drove there from Michigan through Ontario, but I know that Pearson is the airport most commly used. It's about a 3 hour flight from New York but you'd still be on Eastern time. And believe me Toronto is unbelieveably safe for female travelers, the people there are very friendly. The Queen Anne's district was on of my favourite areas to visit..lots of kitschy shops and coffee houses.

Toronto was very nice; I'm sure you'll enjoy traveling there as I have.